In today’s episode of marketing in two minutes, we’re going to be talking about keyword research.
More specifically, what tools should you be using for your keyword research?
Google’s keyword planner is great, but there are better tools you can use that integrates the data straight from there.
I’ll start with the paid tools because you get what you pay for.
- Market Samurai – I made a whole series on using this tool. It’s great for bulk keyword analysis and finding long tail keyword phrases. I believe it costs $149, but through my affiliate link it’s $97. You can use the discount with a free trial and see if it’s a good fit for you.
- Long Tail Pro – Basically the same as Market Samurai but with a keyword competition score. The number is a little arbitrary, but it gives you a ballpark figure on how competitive the keywords are. You’ll need the platinum package for this. I believe I paid close to $300 for this. I’ll leave a link in the notes.
- Note: Long Tail Platinum is now $37/month
- KeywordTool.io works great for finding a massive list of relevant long tail keyword phrases that you would have never thought of. You can copy the whole list and then throw it into Market Samurai and BOOM.
- Last but not least – Google search. There are 2 things you can do.
1. Google related keyword suggestions
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and Google will give you some related keywords.
Also, pay attention to bolded words in the Meta descriptions. You’ll notice that Google bolds synonyms. These are called LSIs which stands for Latent Semantic Index.
2. Google search operators.
The second is by using a search operator like this:
This will search google for URLS with the word forum in it. Keywords within quotation marks will look for exact match keyword phrases.
This one is powerful because it gives you a better understanding of the language REAL people use. Look for commonalities in language and integrate it into your content.
Now remember, above all else, you are writing for…
Robots aren’t going to buy from you. Search engines won’t buy from you. Write for your audience.
Question of the day
Which keyword research tool and/or strategy will you be trying?
10X Your Business
Learn how to identify the right audiences. I 10Xed my business and so can you. Get your free copy of my eBook Scale: Target Audiences that Buy.